background

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A little adhoc plumbing

We had done the plumbing in the bathroom in a bit of a hurry so a couple things needed to be adjusted. Now, I am no plumber, but I think I have a pretty good head on my shoulders (and I'm not afraid to read the instruction manual), so I thought that I could figure it out.

First of all, the shower would not get hotter than a mild lukewarm. As much as we like to save money on water heating costs, a hot shower is essential, especially at 5am before work. After a little bit of fumbling around and reading on the internet, I found a tiny plastic piece under the handle that you can adjust to make the water hotter. A twist here and a tweak there and we are good to go.

Next our vanity faucet needed to be adjusted. The hot water side was off-center and the nozzles were loose. Also, they were up too high and the brass screws were showing. Luckily I have a pipe wrench in my possession... After spending a little bit of time figuring out how it works (haha), I made some minor adjustments and the faucet is perfect now. Personally, I'm just impressed that I figured all this out on my own. I think I missed my calling in life!

Next step is the toilet...


No comments:

Post a Comment