background

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Who needs floors?!

Not us!

This weekend's "fun" included tearing up the floors in the kitchen... b/c hey... why not?! They were uneven in a couple places, and we decided that since we were putting down all new floors, we might as well do it right. Break out the crowbars!

Turr-ble quality

We took out the 2 joists that were right below the area that was sagging and replaces them with new 2x8's. Put some 3/4" Plywood down, and presto... a new "even" subfloor!

Also on the menu for this weekend was running heating into the new addition and putting in a new support beam for the kitchen - pictures to come soon (in the cramped 4 ft crawl space!). Since I'm kind of a "noob" at this who renovation thing, sometimes my jobs include this (preparing screws):
My job..

But, hey - I'm not complaining - I'm happy with how much I'm learning. All-in-all a productive weekend. As we backtrack in the next few posts and show you more "before" and "progress" pictures, you can understand why its such a relief to start putting the house back together... Now if only we had a bathroom... *teaser*

No comments:

Post a Comment