background

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happy Weekend



I just love Saturday mornings. The smell of coffee brewing, cats purring at my feet, sun softly filtering in through the windows, the chaos of the workweek temporarily forgotten, and the entire weekend fresh & open to so many possibilities.

Then someone's car alarm goes off outside, my husband clangs around his breakfast dishes & the cats start screaming at me to be fed. Oh well, it was bliss while it lasted, right?

Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely weekend. Any decorating plans on your to-do lists? Chris is on his way over to the house with my dad and some friends to rip up the old kitchen floor (wait 'til you see those pics... coming in a separate post soon!), add heating ducts to the new addition, and lay some new pipes for our kitchen sink.

Since the drywall guys finished yesterday (I am so excited to see how those plaster walls have transformed!), I'm planning on going shopping with my mom to pick out paint colors. I just have to decide on the perfect color of paint for every single room in my house that seamlessly coordinates with my decor and flows from room to room. No pressure, right?

I've bookmarked some images of my favorite paint colors for inspiration this weekend.

Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter

Benjamin Moore Shaker Beige

Benjamin Moore Jade Garden

Benjamin Moore Vintage Charm

Hold tight for the rest of our renovation pics! More to come soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooo thanks for sharing that palette! I adore soft colors, and since changing my room from a dark brown to white I'm loving the atmosphere so much better :) Lovely little blog you have here <3

    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm just in love with these new neutrals lately -- grays, taupes, & beiges -- that look *almost* white but add a little punch. So refreshing and really open up a space nicely!

      Delete